Sunbury Town Hall Masonry Investigation and Treatment
Village of Sunbury Town Hall, Sunbury, OH
Click Through Project Gallery
Built in 1868 in the town square of Sunbury, Ohio, the now Town Hall was originally built as a school. Though it only held classrooms for three years, the building has been in continuous use within the community since it was constructed. Modifications were made to the building over the years to suit the various uses over time which have had some impact on its form and health today. Specifically, remodeling efforts done in celebration of the village’s 150th anniversary. When recurring water damage issues and another impending village anniversary spurred the village to consider restoration efforts in 2017, Blind Eye Restoration was brought in to do a building investigation and treatment recommendation plan, which included research into the history of the building’s modifications, documentation of existing conditions, moisture level testing, and mortar analysis.